Posted by Luke drinking games
Good news for Game of Thrones fans: the people behind HBO's runaway hit have confirmed a premiere date for season 5! The Starks, the Lannisters, and all the others will officially be back on our screens on Sunday the 12th of April.
To celebrate, we've put together a set of rules for our very own Game of Thrones drinking game! Many of the show's protagonists are constantly getting sloshed (cough cough Tyrion Lannister cough), and so it only seems fair that we the viewers should be allowed to get in on the fun as well.
Without further ado, then, here are the rules for Beer Bong UK's Drinking Game of Thrones. Why not practise with some previous episodes while you wait for the new season to arrive?
You Will Need:
- A Game of Thrones boxset (though we don't recommend drinking through more than 1 or 2 episodes in one session!)
- A steady supply of alcohol
- Something to drink out of (try our Party Essentials section)
- Keep up, Podrick: Whenever somebody takes a drink on-screen, take a drink of your own.
- Honour the Dead: Whenever somebody dies on-screen, take a drink. If you actually knew that character's name, take two drinks.
- Wardrobe Malfunction: Whenever nipples (male or female) are shown on-screen, take a drink.
- The Old Gods and the New: Whenever somebody mentions a god or gods, take a drink. This includes the Lord of Light, the God of Death, the Seven, the Drowned God, etc.
- You Must Be Ned Stark's Bastard: Whenever someone calls Jon a 'bastard', take a drink.
- You Must Be Tywin Lannister's Dwarf: Whenever someone calls Tyrion a dwarf - or makes any reference to his height - take a drink.
- Can't Fight This Feeling: Whenever Ser Jorah gazes longingly at Daenerys - or suggests in any way that he might have feelings for her - take a drink.
- White Walkers Whenever somebody mentions or makes reference to the White Walkers, take a drink. If a White Walker is actually shown on-screen, finish your drink (once per episode).
- Dragons: Whenever somebody mentions dragons, take a drink. If somebody states that dragons are extinct/no longer exist, take two drinks.
- Hodor: Whenever Hodor says 'Hodor', take a drink.
Take a drink whenever the 'words' of a Great House are spoken. If you need a reminder, here are the phrases to listen for:
- Winter is Coming (House Stark)
- Hear Me Roar (House Lannister)
- Ours is the Fury (House Baratheon)
- Fire and Blood (House Targaryen)
- As High as Honour (House Arryn)
- We Do Not Sow (House Greyjoy)
- Family, Duty, Honour (House Tully)
- Our Blades Are Sharp (House Bolton)
- Growing Strong (House Tyrell)
- Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken (House Martell)
Be aware that there are a few scenes in which the 'words' of various houses are discussed at length (e.g. when Maester Luwin teaches Bran Stark about the Great Houses of Westeros, or when Olenna Tyrell complains that 'Growing Strong' is pretty naff compared to 'Winter is Coming' et al). Depending on the episode you're watching, you may end up drinking quite a bit!